• Interests:Swing dancing...
  • Lindy:lead

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:12 PM

Ladies Solo Charleston at Hazel Dell Grange
Sunday, February 18th 1:00-4:00

Hazel Dell Grange
7509 NE Hazel Dell Ave
Vancouver, WA 98665 - 8335

These classes are designed to cater to High School to College age Ladies, but all ages are welcome. Space in these classes is limited, so be sure to make a reservation by emailing me here: russellbruner@gmail.com

The cost for these classes is $10 per class for students, Vancouver residents, and Westside Swing members. The classes are $15 per class for others.

Jammin Jills Bio:

If you've seen the Eugene Girls perform, you know how inspirational, energetic and explosive their performances are! The girls have been performing for the past three years together up and down the west
coast, in various places including Century's Master weekend and Northwest Girl Jam!

The girls discovered swing dance and each other nearly six years ago and practiced solo charleston as a way to enhance their musicality and expression while partner dancing. Since then the girls have worked out
routines together and traveled to many events around the world including the month long swing camp at Herrang in Sweden to learn from the best instructors in the world.

In addition to their performance skills, the girls are amazing social dancers and love to dance with everyone. They love to teach, and are excited to have the opportunity to share what they love with other
dancers.

Class Descriptions:

1:00-2:00 Charleston movement class:

In this class our goal is to expand your vocabulary and charleston styling. This is going to be an intensive class on Charleston moves and movement of the body.  We will break down the technique and capture the movements that give Charleston a unique feel. This class will be fun, and is open to all levels of experience!

2:00-3:00 Eugene routine:

This is kind of a melting pot of our movement class. We will put together a special charleston routine choreographed just for you by the Eugene girls. Come on out and let's bust some moves!

3:00-4:00 Ladies forum:

Kick back, relax, and have fun! This will be an open duscussion on being a follower and any other dance related questions. Please come to this class with any questions that you have, and we'll do our best to bring the answers. We hope this class will enlighten you, even more, on the joys of this vintage dance!

#3 Russ

Russ
  • Moderators
  • 1,344 posts
  • Interests:Swing dancing...
  • Lindy:lead

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:43 AM

Here's a youtube clip of Jammin' Jills performance at the Master's Weekend in Seattle.

#4 Me-agan

Me-agan
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy long walks on beaches with sea turtles named Barthalamew, and making wheat grass smoothies.
  • Lindy:follow

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:06 AM

Hey Portland!
I'm super excited for these workshops! Can't wait to see all of your lovely faces again! It's been much too long. Get ready for some insane goodness!

Meagan

#5 karly

karly
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Lindy:follow

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:38 AM

Ladies,

If you are looking for some inspiration and a workshop that focuses only on you, you should definitely check these classes out. I've worked with Emily, Charlotte and Meagan many times on solo charleston, jazz movement and styling ideas. All three of them are solid follows and extremely creative. You should definitely take advantage of having them in town--even if that means you might have to make the trek across the river!

Karly

www.barrettcreates.com
"It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users