6 replies to this topic

#1 Russ

Russ
  • Moderators
  • 1,344 posts
  • Interests:Swing dancing...
  • Lindy:lead

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:45 AM

I heard that there are a limited amount of discounted $50 passes to this years Portland Lindy Exchange. When they're gone they're gone... The time to act is now now now.  You can get these tickets at the Thursday dance at the PPAA.

This is an incredible deal. It reminds me of the time that tickets to see the Stolen Sweets with Pink Martini at the Crystal Ballroom were on sale for a show at the end of December. Those tickets SOLD OUT in 3 weeks. So if you want to go to that show, TOO BAD, you're TOO LATE!!

And I THINK these limited $50 passes to the Portland Lindy Exchange are still available. Last year there were 12 Bands that weekend. This years line up is shaping up to be even more awesomer!

So in case you're looking for a reason to be currently excited about the upcoming Lindy Hop exchange and buy your pas NOW NOW NOW, I will give you 5 good reasons. Here are the bands that are currently on board for this years festival. More will be listed soon:

Stolen Sweets
Midnight Serenaders
6 Foot Swing
Jim Beatty Jazz Band
Pete Krebs and his Portland Playboys

Pete Petersen Septet with Special Guest Bria Skonberg
Swing Papillon
Trashcan Joe

Other bands will be announced later, but for NOW NOW NOW I recommend you make it out to the PPAA on Thursday and get your pass.

#2 kbuxton

kbuxton
  • Members
  • 242 posts
  • Lindy:follow

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:08 PM

When are you planning to have registration up for us out-of-towners?

#3 Russ

Russ
  • Moderators
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (kbuxton @ Dec 9 2008, 4:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When are you planning to have registration up for us out-of-towners?

Soon... Jason would have a better idea on that. I'm only helping out with the venues and band bookings. Jason oversees all, and is all knowing.

#4 WolfieSmith

WolfieSmith
  • Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:44 PM

Nice to see Jim coming back. Any plans for some 4-beat rhythm bands?
A leader of men. And women - Briticism.

God Swing The Queen.

"I don't dig that two beat jive the New Orleans cats play. My boys and I have four heavy beats to the bar and no cheating!" - Count Basie

#5 Russ

Russ
  • Moderators
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (WolfieSmith @ Dec 10 2008, 6:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice to see Jim coming back. Any plans for some 4-beat rhythm bands?

All the other groups are still being considered or aren't 100% confirmed at this time.

It's been nice having the last exchange experience to learn and grow from. Lots of good things happened and there were also some things that are best done differently.

It's also nice that the Stolen Sweets won't be touring Europe during our exchange that's coming up like they were last year!

I wish I could get a band to represent all the different sounds that came out of the Art Deco period...

I also wish that the Portland Jazz Festival included more swing era jazz... but I guess they had more than what they had last year. Check out the line up and go support some swing era jazz: http://www.pdxjazz.com/festival/sch.php?type=headline

#6 JMatthew

JMatthew
  • Members
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Lindy Hop, West Coast Swing, Nightclub, Tango, Hustle, Blues

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:35 PM

I'm hoping to have registration up for out of towners up in January.

BTW, official pricing for this year:

50.00 if bought at the PPAA Thursday dances in December.  We have (I think) 15 passes left at that price, must be bought in person at the dance.

70.00 if bought on the website before the event.

At the event... not sure yet... may be the same as at the door for each seperate event (95.00)... we may offer a slight discount, or we my just run website registration really close to the final day of the event, we'll see...

Either way, buy early and you won't have to worry about it and will save money. smile.gif
I don't have an obsessive personality, I just happen to choose hobbies that completely take over my life.

#7 Russ

Russ
  • Moderators
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:40 PM

Other bands will include:

Pete Petersen Septet with Special Guest Bria Skonberg
Swing Papillon
and Trashcan Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic