• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 angie

angie
  • Members
  • 162 posts
  • Lindy:follow

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:35 AM

Most of you probably know Nina Gilkenson from DC.  She is one of the sweetest ladies on the planet; her generosity, humor and joy for life far outweighs her talent as a dancer (so ya know, that is HUGE).

Her momma, Laurie is/was a huge huge supporter of the lindy community.  She was literally at every dance I ever attended in DC, volunteering at the admission table or cleaning the floors, or whatever needed to be done.  You may have met her if you've ever been to ILHC.  She's just like Nina-- outgoing, warm, hilarious and full of joy.  

Anyways,  I really hope you'll all open your hearts and wallets and help them out.    I'm reposting this request from Naomi; she came up with the great idea of helping them out financially as Laurie does not have any health insurance:

REPOST FROM NAOMI: "as you may have heard Nina Gilkenson's mom Laurie just had a brain aneurysm & several strokes. What you may not know is Laurie doesn't have health insurance. If anyone feels like donating a little (or a lot) to help her family cover medical costs Nina's paypal account is botsandbeans@gma...il.com. I know they need it but would never ask for that help so I'm doing it for them. Thanks (Naomi)"

Thanks-
Angie

Edited by angie, 12 May 2010 - 10:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users