• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pgreen

pgreen
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Lindy:lead

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:08 PM

So, I have several versions of this image trying to get the avatar uploader to work correctly...
What's happening is, when I upload my image, it resizes the image to 96w x 128h, then stretches that resized image to fit the 128x128 boundary...
Any idea why it's doing this?
I've tried a couple different renditions of the image, 127x127, 128x128, 2inx2in...
apparently it doesn't like perfectly square images? Is there a reason why it wants to resize an image that's designed to fit within its specs? hehe...
Lemme know if you have any ideas.

-p

p.s. look at my horizontally-long face! ewe!

btw...the image I currently have there uploaded was a 127px w by 127px h image... the resized result is this 96x128 stretched

#2 swingbozo

swingbozo
  • Members
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Booze. Dancing. Singing. Booze and Dancing and Singing. When I grow up I want to be a Lounge singer.
  • Lindy:lead

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:53 AM

I made mine tiny because I think it's kind of selfish to force everyone to d-load some gigantic self-aggrandizing image just to pad my ego. Then again I used to have a 300 baud acoustic coupled modem and man that baby FLEW! I'd try to trim the colors down to 256 and try a different format, like the satanic GIF (choosy mothers choose GIF) or JPG or PNG.

Obviously it's difficult to say what's really going to happen to your image after it gets slaughtered by some web site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users